Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Top Billing Dream








Hello, hello dicks and chicks!!

I have been keeping this under wraps for a while now, but I cannot hold it in any longer! Tomorrow I am heading off to the 2012 Top Billing Presenter search. For those of you who don't know; Top Billing is a local magazine-cum-lifestyle show, weekly, on SABC3 that covers a variety of different segments, such as home & living, lifestyle, fashion, sports, and a vast number of entertainment and media coverage. Top Billing's most notable symbol of course is the top hat, which is featured in every week's show; usually as part of weekly competitions. Many people call the show a slice of cake for the fashionable, and fabulous...and indeed it is.

Perhaps I do have what it takes to be the next Top Billing presenter; but winning isn't the only goal! I am trying to gain experience, meet interesting people, and most importantly, have a lot of fun! I do however believe that I have what it takes, and please don't equate me with those clowns on Idols, who are whole-heartedly convinced that they can sing and end up sounding like helium-filled bodies. I know what I'm doing, so wish me luck!

For anyone who would like to audition; it's simple:

1. Fill in a pre-registration form
2. Print out the form
3. Arrive on any audition day with the form, and the following items:
    - a recent photo of yourself
    - a copy of your ID (NOT the actual one)
    - print out the Terms & Conditions, sign it and take it along
    - and of course, the printed form.

Venue: Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Illovo, Johannesburg
Time: 9am to 5pm

Arrive early, and be prepared to stand in lengthy queues!

THIS COULD BE THAT BIG BREAK!

Basically you need to prepare a link about yourself; demonstrating your personality, as if you were the host presenter. The link is meant to show of your presenter skills, and the facets of your personality, which I suppose will count towards a decision.



Source: topbilling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment