Friday, November 8, 2013

Poem: Written In The Stone- Raeez Jacobs

We greet each other 
In the middle of the night
In the morning and our
Dreams

We recognize, acknowledge,
And embrace our passing
Then shake hands
Like two species joining
In some crazy mutation

We have no issues 
Everyday we fill each others churches
And i cry in your pews
Asking your god to give me your gaze

We greet and remember
By the start and ending of days
Our, May, June, and our September
When we christened each other

When you made me your one and only
I called you my lover
And you were also my half-brother
I still run to you for cover

And rinse my hair in your shadow
Dancing like a snake being propelled by the wind through ringlets of air

We come together
Like truth and redemption
And you set me free

So that you and I 
could be
For now and for eternity.

©RaeezJacobs. Poetry. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment